Guns Blazing

Today's Bizarro cartoon is made possible by Miniature Folding Chairs, Inc. "It's not you, it's our chairs."

To be honest, I'm not particularly fond of this cartoon. I did a similar-looking one back in the late eighties of an astronaut on a space walk, trying to break into the cockpit of his space shuttle with a coat hanger, which was much funnier. I figured some folks might like this one or I wouldn't have submitted it, but in retrospect, I'm not too proud of it.

I know cities need to raise revenue to keep themselves going, so things like parking fees are somewhat necessary. But I never park illegally on purpose (except with my scooter in NYC, but they force you to because the laws here are REALLY screwy) so I get apoplectic when I get a ticket. I got one in L.A. last year (in a rental car) because my bumper was hanging maybe five inches over the little crosses they put on the street in front of the meters to designate each spot. I didn't even know the crosses were there, I just parked about where the meter was.

This is just one of the many reasons I don't carry a gun.